NeDA’s offices are located in the Wabasha Center in St. Paul.This building is part of NeDA’s first development project. NeDA concentrates its bricks and mortar development on St. Paul’s West Side, while our direct services in our housing program reach the 7 county metro area. NeDA is a HUD-Certified Counseling Agency.
NeDA’s services include:
- Home ownership counseling,
- Home Stretch workshops,
- Framework online homebuyer education,
- Financial literacy counseling and workshops,
- Foreclosure prevention counseling,
- Financial Counseling & Money Management (in Spanish),
- Home improvement loan services,
- Developing home ownership opportunities through building new and rehabbing existing homes,
- Owning and managing 108 units of rental housing.
NeDA has received numerous awards for its services.
- On April 22, 2009, NeDA received a Sustainable Saint Paul Award for its "Excellence in Residential Green Building" for the construction of 132/134 Winifred Street W. This twin home received LEED GOLD certification in February 2009.
- In 2006 we received an Excellence in Service Award: Successfully Reaching Underserved Populations from Centro Legal.
- In 2003, NeDA received an Award of Recognition for its focus on preserving both human and architetural cultural heritage on Saint Paul's West Side" from the Saint Paul Heritage Preservation Commission and the Saint Paul Chapter of the American Institute of Architects.
- In 2001, NeDA’s Home Improvement Loan program was recognized by the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency for Outstanding Outreach for Affordable Home Improvement.
Neighborhood Development Alliance (NeDA) is a non-profit community development organization whose mission is to strengthen the vitality of lower-income neighborhoods within the City of St. Paul, by creating and preserving housing and business opportunities for residents of all income levels. Over the years, our goals have expanded to provide a continuum of housing and financial counseling services to the Latino population in the seven county metro area.
Our goals are to provide quality services throughout the organization. Whether you are a first time home buyer, interested in the homebuyer education seminars, or you’re a homeowner seeking advice on home improvement loan or foreclosure prevention counseling, NeDA can help.